Thursday, September 10, 2009

Meeting New People

So I went to my first meeting for the DVCET, it was nice to know that I don't have to try out after all. I do have a placement ride this Saturday. I got to meet some really nice new people who i hope that i will get to ride with in the future. The team sounds like they are all really close and when riding that is always a lot of fun.

This past week I have met so many new people, which I find kinda funny since I am such a shy person. As one of my friends told me last year, “you will learn that shy is not an excuse.” So this year is different, I’m more outgoing and talkative in my classes and with people in general. I'm having more fun and getting to go out and not stress over my work. I was a little worried that living in South would make it hard to meet more people but since I spend most of my time in the other dorms it doesn't seem to matter. It's just that much better to be able to come back to some place without a lot of noise.

3 comments:

  1. Same here! The past two weeks have met quite a few awesome people! I am a shy kind of person too, but once people make me feel comfortable and once I feel comfortable with people I become loud, confident in myself, and am more of myself. I love the freedom of college and to be able to get out of the room/campus and hang out with friends and get away from the work part of college. YA! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your placement ride Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that line: Shy is not an excuse. It's totally true. When I started working for a living, I realized I had to suck it up and talk to people... cos before people could promote me, they had to know who I was! :) However, if you like being shy and feel most comfortable that way, you can find ways to be successful without sacrificing too much of yourself. Life is too short for that!

    ReplyDelete