Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Start of a New Year

My first week back at DVC went fairly well. It was great to see all my friends that I had missed over the summer. You wouldn't believe how much you could miss the people that you just met. Now that I'm back it was a little hard to get back in the swing of having to do work. The first week of classes is finally over! I would have to say that this year is so much better than last year, it was nice not having to run around and find out which building was which and how the rooms are set up. It was so nice to get back to school and be able to set up my room. Move in day was much nicer this year because i had already know my roommate and i have to say it was much nicer moving into South hall then it was moving into Cooke hall last year. Also this year is a lot more fun because I know many more people and have more free time to hang out with them.

Today was the first day of the 2nd week of classes, which means I only have 2 more days of classes left. It is so nice to not have any Friday classes! Also today is the first meeting of the DVCET. I am hoping to try out for the western team this year. I looked in to riding for the team last year but since it was my first year of college I wanted to take it easy. I miss riding my horses so much. Joining the team would be another fun way to meet new people and get to show in different schools. I’m hoping that my riding comes back to me since I haven’t ridden my horse in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment